This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Friday 23 March 2012

2nd Post Today

I've managed to sneak in 10 minutes to take pictures, edit and upload one of the cards here but I'm going to make it quickish ;-D

Decided to colour up a Floral Delight the other day and this is what I came up with...



Wheelbarrow Delight is just so much fun to colour...the hard part is deciding on which colours to use for the flowers. These flowers are perfect for using colours that aren't natural flower colours which brings me back to the FUN part lol.

I don't know about you but I have lots of paper pads that have a distinctive pattern on them which lend themselves more to scrapbooking and are usually the only pages left in my pad.  When I came across this sheet of pp from MME's Miss Caroline paper pad I thought it was a perfect frame for the image.



The large rolled rose flower was a bit stark against the rest of the card so I sponged a bit of coral ink onto the edges of the petals and added Padparadsha Swarovski Crystals to the centre for a bit of bling.


I used another piece of pp from the same pad and cut out the fancy bit to add to the inside of the card.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Crafty Catz - Spring is In The Air
Our Craft Lounge - Spring
Patti's Creations - Anything Goes
The Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Spring
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Sweet n' Sassy Digi Challenge - Spring
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Handmadeflowers

The clocks go forward this weekend...I'm thinking we've picked the wrong weekend to have the hen...I'm sure it will be a late night already without losing an hours sleep hmph!

That's my quick post...I've got to get back to all things 'Hen' lol. Scroll down to my first post of the day if you want to see the before and after of yesterday's facial!

Have a great weekend.

Catch ya later x




20 comments:

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Kerry and you are right the paper is a perfect frame, I love these papers. Love the stitching and the flower too.

The clocks go FORWARD Kerry!!! Spring Forward, Fall Back! You do still lose an hour's sleep though!

Px

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card and image. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Poodles Parlour anything goes challenge. Good Luck, cheers Sue N x

Wendy said...

So gorgeous Kerry, beautiful image and fab rolled flower...hope you have a great weekend.
Wendy xx
I have used Magnum for my DT card today, he's fab.

Marianne said...

Looks like your image and paper were intended to be used together. I actually thought you had stamped the flower frame yourself. My problem with paper pads like these would probably be the size. The standard size for my square cards is usually 13.5 x 13.5 cm, which means I have to cut of part of the PP. I could start with the PP and build my card around that, but then I have to buy larger envelopes or make them myself from A3 paper, which means more work, lol.
Marianne x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is wonderful.. and yes that paper is perfect! Gorgeous colours too.
Love it!
Lisa x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow....the image and papers go perfect together. The lace and flower with gems in the centre are beautiful.
Diane xx

Marjo said...

Yummy card inside and out Kerry, love it! Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

hugs, Marjo

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card and a fab use for those sheets we get left with...

ladyjanet_56 said...

Lovely flower, DP, pearls & image this card is really pretty. Thank you for joining us at OSCC, Janet

Jacq said...

Hi Kerry,
This is Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the gorgeous image, the dps, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Janette said...

Hi Kerry,
Love your sweet and pretty card, it's just fab. Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Ani said...

Beautiful card! I love your flower! Thanks for playing along at OSCC this week and good luck! Ani

carol said...

Your handmade flower is lovely, gorgeous spring card,thanks for playing along with CRAFT and CRAFTY CATZ this week, x Carol

Krafty Kows said...

Beautiful card and love the flower. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

Pattie G said...

Kerry,

This is perfect for our challenge at Pattie’s Creations. Thanks for joining us!
Hugs
Pattie ♥

Anonymous said...

oh this is so pretty! I am all about the flowers these days! Thanks for joining in at the Poodles Parlour this week
Tammy DT

Unknown said...

This is so pretty!! Thank you for playing along at the SNSDC!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Kerry: wonderful Spring card. Thank you for entering Simply Create Too's Challenge #9--"It's Spring???" Don't forget: Our new challenge begins this coming Friday.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Such a pretty card, thanks for playing along in the SNSDC this week.

Anonymous said...

I never ever saw such a beautiful wheel barrow ...It seems like a garden!


Membership Cards
Plastic Card Printing
Scratch Card