This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 27 March 2012

TLT - Diane's Challenge - Spots & Stripes

Good morning everyone and welcome to TLT! But before I launch into today's challenge  I want to thank everyone who participated in our marathon Reveal. I hope we didn't bore you with the length of time it took to show you the new release and the DT's makes. The Ladybugs wanted to try something different from the usual Blog Hop and I know we really enjoyed it. :-DIt was also lovely to have Mary J as our GD. We had an enormous amount of entries this fortnight...I think Anything Goes is most people's favourite challenge...so thank you so much for taking the time to enter. I didn't get a chance to comment too much as the weekend was a bit hectic so please accept my apologies.

The winners were announced in a post last night on the Challenge Blog so if you haven't already checked to see if you're a winner of the Anything Goes Challenge, using an LCI image, Top 3 or the big daddy... leaving a daily comment pop on over and email me at lcichallengeblog@aol.com if you are :-D

Spots & Stripes is the lovely Diane's challenge and I don't know anyone who doesn't like either! I recently bought a few new paper pads and after flicking through them settled on MME's Miss Caroline to team up with Tomboy Jess to make a card for my friends daughter's 18th birthday. See what you think...



Is it bad to say that I love it and think it's one of my best cards evah lol???!!! I love the neutral colours but thought it needed some colour so isolated it to Jess's dress and socks using Copics.



Teenage girls love their nail polish and unusual colours at that so I gave Jess blue nails and added tiny nail heads for buttons on her jacket.  


I used Die-namics Perfect Petal Trio to make the flower adding a button and twine and Whimsy ticket die and sentiment stamp


Aida and cs Die-namics rolled flower with a Lasting Impressions button added to the centre


So there you have it...one of my bestest cards evah lol!!!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
Squigglefly - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
CMC Copic Challenge - Must Use Copics/Anything Goes
Di's Digi Challenge - Emboss It!
Totally Gorjuss - Spots & Stripes
Gingerloft Challenge -Happy Birthday
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes

I've just about recovered from Nicole's Hen party and will tell you all about it tomorrow with some pictures...there are definitely some that cannot be published lol!!!

Thanks for stopping by....

Catch ya later x

27 comments:

Pami said...

Stunning card Kerry, I think this is one of my favourites from the new releases, actually I think it is my fav!! I love the colours you have used, the fab layout and the gorgeous flowers! P x

Gaynor Greaves said...

Wowzers, I think this is awesome. Absolutely fab layout and love the colour pop on her dress, just gorgeous. Payday for me on thursday so I will be having a little purchase of the new digi's. I think they are fabby and I need them lol.Gaynor :o)

Marianne said...

Absolutely love it, Kerry! That colour combo is simply stunning and Tomboy Jess is definitely one of my favourites. A friend of mine has already hinted that his daughter's 15th birthday is coming up in April, in other words, could I please make a card for her? It seems that she is in this phase between girlie and tomboyishness. I think this image would be just perfect for the occasion.
Marianne x

Amanda R said...

Awesome Kerry! Love all the layers and your coloring on her dress is wonderful. Glad all is going well with the wedding plans!

Rene said...

Awesome...love how you added the rhinestones!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry, being sure to mention you saw them on Make it Monday, for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
Rene :D

Rene said...

Awesome...love how you added the rhinestones!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry, being sure to mention you saw them on Make it Monday, for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
Rene :D

Scrappin Sista said...

your coloring is awesome, and your card is super cute!!

Josephine said...

What a fabulous card!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

pinky said...

Wow definitely ok to LIKE this one Kerry, I LOVE it and now need this image too lol. Gorgeous papers, the whole layout rocks. Looking forward to those photos!!

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow Kerry you've blown us away with this one. I absolutely love it. The neutral colours look fab and those gems on her jacket. Cutting the image out makes her really stand out and those handmade flowers are gorgeous.
Diane xx

Julie said...

In now word, Stunning!!! X

Holly Young said...

Great card! You thought of everything young girls love nowadays. I love the way you did the buttons on the jacket! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Chrissy said...

Brilliant card Kerry, love the neutrals then the splash of orange..gorgeous. Love the layers, and details...you should be very happy, fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Catherine said...

Wow!!! Love this, just love how the orange pops. Love the flowers too....

Whimsey said...

Oh wow - those colors are phenomenal!!! The bling on her jacket is sublime!!

All those flowers; those polka dots; fab paper! Well done Queenie!!

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i just love the colours ... they are fabulous and perfect for a tomboy!
LOve it!
Lisa x

DesignerDiva said...

No its not bad to think this is one of your best ever - I think so too! I love all the layers, the amazing papers and colours, your colouring of Jess is great -well done you!
Laurie xx

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Kerry. I love the colour in Jess's clothes against the neutrals of the DP. Love the unusual touches like adding flowers made from Aida. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Unknown said...

Great coloring! Love all the details!

Thanks for joining us at CMC!

Jenn
DT

bumblebee creations said...

gorgeous coloring! Thanks for joining in our squigglefly challenge!

Sherryn said...

This is one of the nicest cards I have ever seen and there has been quite a few, lol.. saw it on MIM xx

Karen C said...

This is so wonerful! So many things to appriciate on this creation! Thank you for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time & Gingerloft! Best of luck in both draws!
Hugs,
Karen C (Gingerloft DT)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

TRACEY MO said...

Very cool card great images.
Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft

Tracey DT

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie x

Luanne said...

very beautiful card Kerry. Love the layers and colors. the rolled flowers are so pretty. saw you on mim

CG said...

What an awesome card! Love the colors. Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week! Best, CG

Di said...

WOW this card is just fabulous!!!
Thankyou for joining in Dis digi designs challenge
Hugs Di xxxx