This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 19 June 2012

TLT - Laurie's Challenge - Double Trouble!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!! If I'm sounding a bit cheery it's cuz I am. A few reasons 1) I feel like I'm almost back to my old self :-D 2) I made it into my craft room for the first time in weeks at the weekend AND I made 3 cards woot woot 3) My 'puter ain't broke AND I managed to get my new toy working and I LOVE it!!!! 4) I've got something up my sleeve I DESPERATE to tell you ;-D 4) Ryan and his girlfriend arrived home this morning from their 2 week holiday in Mexico though it feels like months since I've seen him.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to enter Tam's Big Birthday Challenge. Although I didn't get to comment I did have a quick look and you're all amazing! It was also great to see a few more entries using LCI images. Remember you have 2 chances to win a £10 voucher to spend in the store...win the over all challenge OR win using an LCI image! Maybe you've won one of those vouchers so head on over to the Challenge Blog and check. If it is you, email me at lcichallengeblog@aol.com to claim your prize :-D

So we're onto our fabulicious Ladybug Laurie's challenge...Double Trouble! To ease myself in gently I went for the obvious Double Trouble...twins!!! A great friend of my DLS had identical twin boys in March...3 months early!!! I'm happy to say they are home and thriving and absolutely gorgeous :-D And yes, you don't need to tell me...I'm late lol. 

Here's my card...I'm especially happy with it because I was able to use my new toy to flip my image which for some reason couldn't figure out with Word. Let me know what you think....


I used Sleeping Baby Baby and like I said I 'flipped' him so he's facing the opposite way. This is such a fun tool to use on the computer and great when an image doesn't quite fit the space you want him to. Something that is a bit more difficult when stamping. I especially love their little bums in the air lol.

I used some Lasting Impressions pp I've had for yonks, Baby Blue Twill Stripe ribbon and as always colored the images with my Copics. A little bit of Glamour Dust on the blanket adds a bit of sparkle :-D



I, of course was predictable with my Double Trouble choice but the rest of the Ladybugs were definitely thinking outside the box. You will LOVE what they have got for you...lots of inspiration!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Make it Monday - Anything Goes
OLLCB - Baby Baby
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes With Sentiment
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Real or Faux Stitching
2 Sisters - Plaid or Stripe

Hope you have a GREAT Tuesday!

Catch ya later x


15 comments:

Mary J said...

Adorable! This is soooo uber sweet Kerry lvoe that ribbon!

Sally said...

This is gorgeous Kerry....Love the bow?
Glad things are returning back to normality for you.....it's been a bit hectic hasn't it but I'm sure it was all worth it :)
Have a fab day.
Hugs Sally xx

Alli Devine said...

Beautiful card, I love the glitter detail on the edge of the blankets. Thank you for entering our baby challenge at Ooh La La creations

Alli x

Hazel said...

Hello Kerry, I love your twins card for the little boys. The stitching round the blue backing is perfect for our challenge at OSAAT. Thanks for joining us. Hazel x

Highland Handmade said...

Hey you!! Suprise I am here and still alive and finally commenting ... So nice to see you back and kicking in blogland, I love your Double Trouble card, and I had so much fun with this challenge! I love the flippin images :) Sorry I havent commented in so long, but I will try and make more of an effort now xx

Rene said...

Awwww...this is SO sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment on another entry (and mention you saw them on MIM!) for a chance at our second prize too!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Faye said...

Hello. I saw this Fantastic card on Make-it-Monday..Faye

DesignerDiva said...

Great to have you back Kerry and on such good form too! I love your twin babies card, I had to make one for twins a couple of weeks ago, takes me back to my little twins lol
Love that ribbon - more shopping on the way
hugs Laurie xx
PS I'll show you a print out of the pinwheel - super easy!

papertrails leaver said...

Oh how precious your card is! I love the twins announcement. Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime! :-) Amy

Jane said...

Hiya Kerry, I'm back and just catching up in blogland. Only 5 weeks to go for us on Saturday...eeeekkk! Love this baby card, your Baby stamps are one of my favourites. Glad life is returning to normality (what's that eh!) Speak soon,
Jane xx

Julie said...

Oh wow! what a perfect solution for twins! I just LOVE your card, absolutely gorgeous! Hope you're having a good week,Julie.x

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Kerry, Perfect for twins! This is such a really cute card. I like being able to resize and flip digi images too.

Saw your link on MIM. I'm #76 and #215 this week. I'd love it if you stopped by.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Sandie said...

Beautiful baby card, so sweet!! Thanks for joining us on the CMC challenge this time and good luck. xx

Kezzy said...

Wow gorgeous baby card, the papers and bow are beautiful and the image and colouring is amazing. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge blog this week :-) Kezzy x

CG said...

Such a unique card, love it! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week! Best, CG