This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 18 October 2012

Birthday Boy

It was my son in law (still getting used to saying that lol) Ben's birthday on Monday and when did I make his card??? Yup...Monday lol. Lucky for me he and Nic were at work so there was no fear of them dropping in while I was mid make ;-D

I decided to go for Beer Belly Man but I want to add a disclaimer ... Ben does not resemble him in any way! Funny though...Nic bought him a card with a big bellied man on it too ;-D

I really liked the way this turned out...what do you thunk?


I found some MME Alphabet Soup pp in my stash along with Elzybells brown cs and set about cutting, mounting, diecutting and sewing. I felt some bunting was in order so used an unused Die-namics die {shock horror} I've had for months. I'm hoping it gets the Queen of Bunting's approval lol. I printed BBM on PTI's white cs (PERFECT for coloring with Copics) then again on pp to paper piece his shirt. Once colored I cut him out and mounted him on some embossed, mounted and sewed cs.


I added some GD to the beer and GA to his shoes...oooh Kerry...your cutting skills are shocking!!


Although you can't really tell I've curved the bunting for a bit of dimension, faux stitched as QOB always does this so is a must ;-D Some twine and brown nailheads complete the look


I used another Die-namics die for the sentiment


And there you have it! I love it and I don't think Ben was too offended by BBM ;-D I was in a bit of a rush and couldn't be bothered to get my photo tent out but I quite like the skirting board look don't you lol?

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Digistamps 4 Joy - Anything Goes but bonus Masculine twist
Stamp n Doodle - Anything Goes
TandaStamps - All Things Manly

Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by :-D

Catch ya later x

11 comments:

Julie said...

LOLOL! QOB here,I didn't realise I'd a title!(Other than cave dweller) I'm loving the bunting with the inky stitching, perfection and what a fab card! wish I could bring myself to use the sewing machine. Is the sentiment on a "MFT Fishtail die"? if so, where do you find the best place to buy them, this is one that I'm after. I'm off to dust my skirting boards now, I've some photos to take later;)
Have a good one!.x

Amanda R said...

Very cute Kerry, I am sure Ben will love it. Great idea with the doodling on the sentiment and I always take a black marker (I use a memento one, copics tend to bleed) and run it around the edge of my image when I cut them out. I think it makes them look better cause my cutting skills haven't improved much since second grade!

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. i am sure he will love it .. everyone loves BBG... in fact i sold a BBG card today !
Fab papers
Lisa x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, great papers and a great image. I did a card for my BIL using this image and he loved it, but silly me didn't take a photo.

Kath x

alex said...

What a great card, love the humour, and your design is brilliant, thank you for playing at
Digistamps4Joy.

Alex (DT Member)

Jo said...

This is great. Love the image and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

lalkygirl said...

What a fab guys card ,love the design and your colouring is fantastic
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
Tracey x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Super cute and very beautiful card.
Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

Laney said...

Fabulous fun card Kerry!! thanks for joining us at BMC this time
hugs
laney

♥Gemma♥ said...

Love it hunni...such a great man card & think that image if fab!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

sue law said...

great card, I love the paper pieced shirt and the bunting especially.

Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser!

Suex