This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Saturday 20 October 2012

Lost and Found


I've been dipping in and out of making Christmas cards and have a stash of them now....is 10 considered a stash?? Well it's more than I've ever had made by this time of year so I'm well impressed with myself lol. 

Snowman Delight are perfect for making quick cards as there is very little coloring needed so if you have a sketch in mind you can churn these babies out in no time. I've been using the same pp for the set...I've had it for years and think I bought it in Walmart when I went home for a visit. 

Here's what I did with Snowballs 10 Cents....



I think he is fabulicous! Just a bit of coloring with my Copics and LOTS of Glamour Dust and he's done. I added a red button I've had in my stash for years (anyone see a pattern here??) with a bit of twine threaded through for his button and one for the snowflake center.






Gorgeous felt snowflake...


and one on the inside. Royal Mail is gonna love this one lol.

I'd like to enter the following challenges -

One Stop Craft Challenge - Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Use a digi
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Did I ever tell you I lost the diamond from my engagement ring? The pictures a bit blurry but there's no mistaking the gaping hole where my gorgeous diamond used to be!


I think it was mid September and I was coming back from CB with the dogs when I glanced down at my hand on the gear shift (M Pee...our steering wheel is on the right so no I've not been drinking lol) and did a double take and felt totally sick. I turned straight around and heading back to CB. Like I was really going to find a diamond here....


 I reported the loss to the police and insurance company the next day and looked for it every time I took Rocky and Ruby for a walk. Every time I saw something sparkle I was sure I'd found it but always turned out to be dew (yes I know the difference between a diamond and dew!) I checked my car, the carpark and the pockets of my jacket but nothing.

About a week later I went to the mall and reached in my pocket to get some change for a parking ticket and look what I found....


Holy moly...what are the chances???!!!!!!! It's now in the hands of Nicole (she works in Rox jewelers) and she's ordered a new setting which I should get in about 6 weeks :-D Have you ever lost anything and thought you'd never see it again? I'd love to hear your stories.

Hope you have a great weekend :-D

Catch ya later x

10 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Kerry - you must be elated....you will get it back just in time for showing it off at Christmas ;0)
Your card is adorable - loving the felt snowflakes this year xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love love your card and the felt snowflake AND the "old" buttons LOL.

Yes I have lost and found.

I was washing my hands in the dipensary of Boots the Chemist I used to work in, in the far lost days of youth LOL. When I looked down and saw I had lost the centre sapphire stone of my engagement ring. I was distraught, one of the girls said to me, I'll look for it and God will help me find it. Well after a porter had looked down the drain, obvious place! she came and said she had found it!! it was on the first floor of the big shop at Christmas time, how she found it I will never know, I expect God did help her.

The only thing is, that many years later it was stolen from my house, so perhaps I was never meant to have it.

Whimsey said...

yeah - I KNEW that one...you are backwards...I mean your CARS are backwards! HA!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you found it - I would tell you a story about losing my entire wedding ring, but I get really sick to my stomach....oh lordy!!!

Love the card; love the teeny little buttons; felt snowflakes are delightful!!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Oh this is stunning Kerry, great layout & fabulous colouring as always :)

I gasped when i read your story but i defo did i sigh of relief when you said you found your diamond...a women's worst nightmare that is!!!

Now you can relax hunni, those 6 weeks will pass very quickly and you will have it back on your finger before you know it!!

hugs and xxx
Gemma

Faye said...

Fantastic card and colors Kerry. Saw this on MIM..Faye

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you found your diamond. It does make you sick to lose something so sentimental. All is well that ends well. :)
Love your Christmas card and your snowman image. The felt snowflake is a neat addition and kudos to you for making so many cards for Christmas already. I'm running way behind lol. Thanks for joining us for another Make It Monday linky party.

Andreja said...

Beautiful card you made and I like your inside, too.
Thank you for playing with OneStopCraftChallenge this week!
Hugs, Andreja

Emily D. said...

Adorable card!! That snowman is super cute!! I love that felt snowflake too!!

Sorry about your ring, but I am happy that you found the diamond!! I'm sure that was a HUGE relief!! I know it would be for me. And the ring is GORGEOUS!!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Paint!

Karen C said...

This is adorable! I love those papers! Thanks for playing in our "Use A Digi" challenge at One Stitch At A Time this week! Hope to see more of your lovely work!
Hugs,
Karen C

Crafting Vicky said...

ooooooh my! My heart would have stopped if I had seen that hole on my ring.... How fantastic to find it that way lol!

Your card is totally gorgeous. Love all the details on it. Just beautiful.

Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky