This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Thursday 14 February 2013

Easy as 1-2-3

Happy Valentine's Day...did you receive a card from a secret admirer? No...me neither lol. Oh, there's always next year hmph!

My card on Tuesday was hubby's Valentine's card...probably should have waited to post it today but then I wouldn't have today's card to show you!!! I am super duper excited about it. Why? 1) I've never made one of these before 2) It actually turned out ok lol. I was telling the Ladybugs on the DT blog yesterday that it was a wowzer then realized I set myself up for a fall if nobody agreed but I'm a big girl and I can take whatever they throw at me lol.

Are you ready? Here you go....




Ta dah ...it's a Triple Tier Easel card!!!! I'm a bit bored with my usual square cards and wanted to do something a bit different. I remembered Lyndsey does the most fabulicious tutorials and she certainly didn't disappoint with this one. I'd never seen a TTE card before and apart from looking a bit squint and the pink cs not matching the pink in the pp I think it's a wowzer lolololol. If little 'ol me can do it so can you :-D You get a better idea of what it looks like in the bottom picture.

I used the 3 smallest of the scalloped circle Grand Nestabilities and the matching circles. It does look fabtastic IRL and once I had added the last flower I had a thought...do I have an envelope big enough for it to fit into????? The answer quite simply is no lol. It's just slightly too big for an A5 envelope so I would have to either make one, use an A4 envelope or wrap it like a present.



Billie Bear is just too cute 



What do you think? I really love how it turned out and look forward to making another one...maybe using smaller circles the next time!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday - Up Up and Away
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Put Your Heart On It
Papertake Weekly - Hearts and Flowers
Crafting By Designs - Heart but not Valentine

I have a birthday card to make for a 2 year old which I need to post tomorrow at the latest so I'd better get my skates on.

Oh...before I forget, the winner of the Valentine Billy image is Alison Scott. Email me at ladybugcraftsink@aol.com  Alison and I'll send VB by return.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Catch ya later x

18 comments:

Jane said...

You clever girl....what a gorgeous card Kerry, it looks super complicated. I am struggling to open my door with all the post today...lololol!! Actually Hb bless him gave me a card and told me he bought it because he spotted it had those "diamond things you use on your cards"aka card gems. I have a crafty day today...yipee.Enjoy making yours and have a very Happy Valentine's day, xxxxxxx

Whimsey said...

You know I love it, I think it's magnificent! Love
Billie Bear and all the little details, great sparkle!

Alison Scott said...

Thank you so much Kerry, that's fantastic. Email on way shortly.
Happy Valentines Day

Susan said...

How fabulicious is this ?!?!
You didn't disappoint Kerry - but did have a giggle as I was thinking how on earth is she going to put this in an envelope !!!
Hugs xxx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card Kerry, love the pretty papers and the adorable image. Thanks for always saying such nice things about me xx

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Kerry! I love the design! Popped over from MIM!
Tammy x

Lisa Jane said...

Definitely a wowzer.. love it .. so cute .
I think it would look fab with the circles getting smaller towards the front too.. might have to have a go!
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

Your triple tier card is crazy amazing Kerry. Love it!!! Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your talent with us at Make It Monday. Happy Valentine's Day!

DesignerDiva said...

Well you didn't disappoint Mrs it certainly has the WOW factor! I quite dumbstruck really - it looks super complicated - not that I think you can't do complicated - more so that Lisa hasn't made one before and she always leads the way on these things LOL!
Huge pat on the back and valentines hugs
Laurie xx

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I saw it on Make it Monday.

Wendy said...

WOW! It's fabulous Kerry, love the shape and such a cute image....Gorgeous.
Wendy xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a super cute and creative card! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

Unknown said...

Um, WOW! That. is. all. :)

Mary J said...

How clever and sweet, Kerry!

Sally said...

It didn't disappoint Kerry....it looks fab. Might have to have a go at one of these :) I can't wait to see more of Billie :) xxxxx

Jill said...

gorgeous creation thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Highland Handmade said...

Oooh wow this is fantastic!! Very different and you certainly did say it had WOW factor!! x

ghgjkhh said...

شركة عزل اسطح بالخفجى
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء
شركة عزل اسطح بالجبيل