This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Colour Inspiration Challenge

Way hey Peeps!!! How are things with you? Hope you're all enjoying the summer weather. After 2 1/2 weeks of glorious weather here in Scotland we're back to wind, rain, sun, more rain...and that's all in the morning lol. I should be used to it hmph!

Holy doodle....we had a record breaking (well for LCI anyway!) amount of entries for Sue's Birthday challenge and we apologize for any entries that didn't receive a comment from a Ladybug. We do try to comment on every one but the summer is extra difficult with holidays booked and kids to amuse. To see if you were one of the winners check out the Challenge Blog.

We have another cracker of a challenge for you running for the month of August... colour/photo inspiration. 

e


I think a few Ladybugs let out a groan or two when Lisa posted the picture on the DT blog and I did admit to putting off making my card...I even did the ironing instead of creating lol. Once I got going though, it wasn't so bad and I actually love the end result. Have a look and let me know what you thunk....


I didn't have any pp that had enough of the colours in the photo so decided to use cs instead. I cut 1" strips and mounted them on a piece of white cs before stitching around the edges. I printed out Billie's Cupcake twice before colouring it with my Copics. Notice anything about the image?? I've removed the 10 from the image. You can now purchase all the Billie Through The Ages without the number. Anywho, back to my card. After colouring just the cupcake I cut it out, 2D'd it on the main cupcake using foam pads before adding Fluffy Stuff (and a hint of glitter) to the frosting and Glossy Accents to the heart


I wanted something different for the sentiment and after rummaging through my stash came across Lasting Impressions Senti-metals I've had for YEARS. I glued it to a piece of white cs and cut the end to look like a tag, punched a hole with my thingamajig (pink handled thingy) and tied it to the card with Baker's Twine. Cute huh?


I made a matching panel for the inside :-D


I had a great weekend...Sunday was fabtastic! I met one of my Lovely Ladybugs for the first time. Susan and her friend Jane were going to the Edinburgh Tattoo and she contacted me to see if I could meet them. Although Susan and I had talked a few times on the phone you really don't know what you're going to get when you meet in the flesh lol ;-) I needn't have worried...Susan and Jane were absolutely lovely and needless to say we talked non-stop!!


Here's the two of us


and the three of us (I love this one)...not sure who the lady in the back is and I'm not PS savvy enough to remove her. If anyone knows how and it's not too complicated can you let me know :-D I turned the picture into a postcard using the PS app on my phone...I think it's pretty cool.

Tuesday's post wouldn't be the same without a picture of Coen. I never know when I'm going to get a good one so I just keep my finger on the trigger lol. I was so happy with this one...Coen was pretty happy too!


Don't you just LOVE it!!! He's starting to smile a lot more now, tries to 'talk' and recognizes his name. This is such a fun stage and we're all enjoying him so much...he's 11 weeks tomorrow :-D

Have a great week

Catch ya later x

ps Cropadile....that's the thingamajig I couldn't remember lol!!!!

6 comments:

Whimsey said...

CA-UTE!!! Brilliant idea to create the colors using paper, love this!!

Great pix of Susan & you...??? Tattoo???

Love Coen, he's getting sooooooo big!!!

Lisa Jane said...

See - its always good to have Challenge - and you definitely rise to it ,.. i love the background you created .. so pretty.
Fab pics of you and Susan - told you you would get on ok..
Lisa x

Kathleen said...

Brilliant take on the challenge, fab card.
Great photo's too, especially of Coen, no offence meant Ladies, you look good too.

Kath x

Sally said...

Great card Kerry, love the stripes and on the inside too. I never think to do the inside.....have enough trouble doing the front.
Love it!
Hugs Sally xxx

Susan said...

EEEEkkkk - terrified myself seeing me here !!!! Had a fabulous time and think we should organise something more often - maybe with more of the bugs ?!?!?
Your card is as ever stunning and love how you have created your backing......
AND Coen - well what can I say - cutealicious !!!! xxxx

DesignerDiva said...

I love your card Kerry, the stripes are genius and little Billie looks really cute.
I love popping over here to see your regular updates of Coen, keep them coming, even though I don't always have time to comment. Great picture of you and Susan too
Hugs Laurie xx